Cinnamon Cream Syrup
Looking for a change of pace from maple syrup? Try this special topping from Mrs. Hamilton Myers Jr. Of Charlottesville, Virginia. "It jazzes up pancakes, waffles or French toast," she comments.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and cinnamon;
- bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in milk.
- Serve warm over pancakes, waffles or French toast. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 117 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.