Cinnamon Cream Roll-Ups
These fancy breakfast roll-ups are a cinch to make with everyday sandwich bread. Each slice wraps around a rich cream chsees filling, and the cinnamon-sugar coating not only looks pretty, it tastes terrific!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 cup
- sugar; mix well. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread
- cream cheese mixture over each slice to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up diagonally from point to point.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip
- roll-ups in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place in
- an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350°
- for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 355 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.