Cinnamon Cream Roll-Ups Recipe
These fancy breakfast roll-ups are a cinch to make with everyday sandwich bread. Each slice wraps around a rich cream chsees filling, and the cinnamon-sugar coating not only looks pretty, it tastes terrific!
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 cup sugar; mix well. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread cream cheese mixture over each slice to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up diagonally from point to point.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip roll-ups in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Cream Roll-Ups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p13
Reviews for Cinnamon Cream Roll-Ups(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
Adults and kids alike, loved this. It was simple to make and looked as good as they
tasted. It was the most popular of the
appetizers that I made for Christmas dinner.
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2009
they are very good when they are fresh but not the next day.