I like to make these cream cheese squares for a quick breakfast treat or easy dessert. Even my young daughter can help out.—Gay Snyder, Deerfield, Ohio
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Unroll one tube of dough and place in a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over dough.
- Unroll remaining tube of dough and place over cream cheese mixture, stretching to fit. Brush butter evenly over top; sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into squares. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Cream Cheese Squares in Country Woman March/April 1998, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review