Cinnamon-Cranberry Oat Bars Recipe
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, Rice Krispies, cranberries, flax, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, oil and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- 3. Stir in oat mixture; toss to coat. Press firmly into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
1 bar: 211 calories, 6g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon-Cranberry Oat Bars
"Was too thick. Fell apart tasted good.Will try them again."
"I couldn't get them to set up, so I spread them in a 9x13 pan and baked for about 20 minutes at 350. They set up, became crunchy, and were delicious. I will make again. The whole family loved them."
"I liked the flavor, but next time will reduce the amount of canola oil."
"Wonderful flavor! Sweet autumn! Next time I would put them in a slightly larger pan so as to make them less thick."
"This is delicious! Tastes like apple crisp topping. I subbed a couple ingredients that I didn't have in the cabinet so my batch didn't set up. But it still tastes amazing as an ice cream/yogurt topping!"
"These bars were very easy to make and are kind of addicting. Didn't have any trouble getting them to set up. I boiled my sugar mixture for a little bit and set the bars in the fridge to set. All four of my kids liked them and I liked the healthier ingredients. I will make these again at some point."
"Next time I'll omit the nutmeg. These stuck together only when they were refrigerated."