Cinnamon-Cranberry Oat Bars Recipe
I'm a swim coach for kids and started making these bars for them as a snack. I wanted something that was easy for them to eat but would also give them energy. The kids loved them from the very first time I brought them. Now I bring them to every team event. —Sarah Riviere, Prescott, Arizona
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, Rice Krispies, cranberries, flax, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, oil and honey; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- 3. Stir in oat mixture; toss to coat. Press firmly into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
1 bar equals 211 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC