Cinnamon Cranberry Bagels Recipe
I love to use this recipe as a starting point to play with new flavor combinations. The cinnamon-cranberry is excellent, but I've also made blueberry, cheese and onion, and cinnamon raisin. &mdash:Kimberly Clawson, Yerington, Nevada
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough; stir in cranberries.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down; let rest 10 minutes. Shape into 10 balls. Push thumb through centers to form a 1-1/2-in. hole. Stretch and shape dough to form an even ring. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes, then refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes; flatten bagels slightly. Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Drop bagels, two at a time, into boiling water. Cook for 30 seconds; turn and cook 30 seconds longer. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels.
- 5. Brush bagels with egg white; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 bagels.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC