Cinnamon Cran-Applesauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium Rome Beauty apple, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Stir in apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring several times. Stir in cranberries; cook and stir for about 8 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until apples are tender, stirring several times.
- 2. Add cinnamon, ginger and lemon peel. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Remove from the hear; mash until mixture reaches desired consistency. Yield: 6 servings.
1/3 cup: 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, trace sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fruit
Reviews for Cinnamon Cran-Applesauce
"We enjoyed this for Thanksgiving as a change from our usual cranberry sauce recipe. We especially liked the added flavor that the ginger and lemon peel gave to it."