Notes Vicki Lair of Albert Lea, Minnesota, "This recipe is the compilation of many years of baking. I make these cookies for a holiday bazaar and year-round for our family. They freeze well."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg, orange and lemon peel and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Crackle Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p67
Reviews for Cinnamon Crackle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review