Cinnamon Coffee Ring Recipe
Crunchy walnuts and yummy cinnamon lend old-fashioned flavor to this comforting coffee cake. Serve a generous slice with coffee for breakfast or with a glass of iced tea for dessert. -Merrill Powers, Spearville, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Combine the cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 566 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC