Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake(34)
Sort By :
Tasted great, brought it to work and everyone loved it.
I have made this since it was originally published in TofH. It is absolutely wonderful. It can be tricky to get out of the pan if you have a lot of streusal on top. I go around the edges with a knife then quickly turn it out onto a plate ... then onto another plate to serve it right side up
Outstanding coffee cake. Keeps in the refrigerator for days...just cut slices and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
made this last month and its to die for! LOVED it! the flavors were wonderful and the smell was scrumptious! will make regularly! did it in the tube pan and came out perfect!
I baked this cake in a 13x9 pan for about 50mins. and it came out moist and delicous. However I did monitor this and made sure that the cake was evenly brown & toothpick in the center came out clean:-)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Easter Recipes >
- German Bread Recipes >