Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake(39)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. Cost effective and easy to execute. Phenomenal taste and texture.
Taste great but my collapsed a little on top. Didn't do anything different than recipe.
This is my go-to coffee cake recipe. I had tried some other recipes but they did not turn out as well as this one. This recipe is nice to serve for company breakfasts and brunches, and it tastes and looks great! I sometimes drizzle a simple vanilla glaze on top of the cooled coffee cake, to make it even prettier.
This turned out great! I made this the night before because I had guests (and used bundt pan). It was extremely easy to put together and tasted delicious the day of and for many days after making it. I wasn't sure if company would like walnuts so I added those to half at the end vs. including in the layering. This is a total keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Easter Recipes >
- German Bread Recipes >