Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Sort By :
This cake was fabulous and super moist. A a great recipe to make for coffee or tea!!
This is a good recipe; did not find it as exceptional as other reviews report. It stuck to the tube pan even though I greased it very we'll.; next time will use a 9x13 pan.
Made this for my husband's office-mates, and they raved about it! I only got a taste, there was none left over. The only variation to the recipe was that I added a cinnamon-sugar layer on the baking pan after the cooking oil was sprayed on, to give it a bit of crunch on the outside.
Excellent recipe. Cost effective and easy to execute. Phenomenal taste and texture.