- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I've made this twice (half recipe) in an 8x8 pan with pecans instead of walnuts. Easy to mix together with a hand mixer. It took 40 minutes to bake in my oven using the toothpick test. This is a moist and delicious cake-hasn't made it past the second day in my house. This is now my go-to recipe for coffee cake."
"The best coffee cake-have made this twice-love it!"
"I love an old fashioned coffee cake and this one is perfect. The cake is better the second day and makes a great brunch item. I used light sour cream and reduced the sugar used in the batter to 1 and 3/4 cup to cut calories a bit and also make it less sweet but it did not make a difference. Taste and texture was exactly what I expected. In my oven it baked at 55 minutes so you may want to check it based on how your oven bakes. Overall, it is a great recipe and one that I will make again."
"There were a few comments about the cake being a little dry, so I checked it at 57 minutes and it was done. This cake was really good for dessert and even better this morning! For dessert I served it with a little fresh whipped cream (no sugar or vanilla) on top."
"This is a delicious Coffeecake ! It's even better the next day if it makes it that long. I didn't have any walnuts on hand so I substituted pecans and it tasted wonderful."