- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake
"Awesome. I took it to work and everyone raved about it! Going to try to use this recipe to make mini ones in mini muffin cups. Added review May 25, 2017 so today I made the mini cakes. The recipe makes about 6 to 6 1/2 dozen. You only need about 1/2 of the sugar/nut mix. I put a tbsp or so of batter in the muffin cup sprinkled the mix and then filled with more batter, ending with another sprinkle of mix. Baked about 18 minutes in a 350 F oven."
"Moist and delicious. Took the advice to line the pan with cinnamon sugar."
"Delicious! This coffee cake was served at a luncheon I attended, and I had to have the recipe! It is so moist and flavorful. I'm not usually a fan of sweets that don't involve chocolate, but this is definitely and exception. I've made it twice since, once in a bundt pan and again in an angel food pan. I prefer using a tube pan so the topping is on top when it is served, but it tastes great either way. You will not be disappointed if you try this recipe."
"Large and lucious-Use a bundt pan. My tube pan was smaller and the batter ran over in the oven."
"Wow! This cake is delicious and a crowd pleaser whenever I make it!"
"I've made this cake for years and it is always one of my most requested recipes. I've made it into an apple cinnamon coffee cake and it couldn't be more delicious! I peel, core, and thinly slice into bite size pieces, two Granny Smith apples that I put in some acidulated water (water with a little lemon juice) so they don't brown while I prepare the batter. I drain them on paper towels thoroughly, coat them in 1/4 cup flour, and fold them into the batter. I also use a bundt pan. For the filling, I use toasted pecans, 1/4 cup brown sugar and the remaining white sugar. I glaze with 1 cup confectioners sugar mixed with 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. This cake is beautiful and is the first thing eaten anywhere I take it. Enjoy!"
"Cinnamon coffee cakes are probably my favorite type of cake but I never though of making one myself. This was a simple recipe and it came out really good. I'll be making this one again!"
"Made it and love it, the only thing I changed is cooking time to 55 mint!"