Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
I love the excellent texture of this old-fashioned streusel-topped coffee cake. Always a crowd-pleaser, its pleasing vanilla flavor enriched by sour cream may remind you of breakfast at Grandma's! —Eleanor Harris, Cape Coral, Florida
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- 2. Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 340 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC