Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping. Repeat.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf
"This is a moist and delicious bread with an in depth cinnamon flavor. Takes minutes to put together and I got rave reviews. A keeper!"
"I have made this coffee cake several times. It is quick, easy and delicious. My family loves it. Thanks for sharing."
"<p>I've made this many times over the years. It is very easy to make and everyone loves it. It's a real winner.</p>"
"Really enjoyed this."
"This is a very good recipe and easy to make. I substitute part Splenda granular for some of the regular sugar to make this lower sugar. It still tastes great and no one is the wiser. Use a good quality cinnamon like Korintje which is rich and flavorful. The buttermilk makes it nice and moist without adding too much fat and calories. You can also substitute some whole wheat flour. The bread will turn out more dense. I usually use a 50:50 ratio (for example if the recipe calls for 2 cups flour, I'll do 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour & 1/2 C. whole wheat flour, or at the maximum, 1 C. each, white & whole wheat flour). It's yummy with coffee or hot cocoa on a cold winter morning."
"have been making a similar << cinnamon bread >. for50+ years -loved by kids/ adults"
"FYI: missing portion of directions - after "sprinkle with half cinnamon-sugar mixture" need to top with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture, then swirl."