Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf Recipe
Lynda Atteberry Hoskins from Mathis, Texas offers this cinnamony loaf that tastes just like a coffee cake. "When I worked as an elementary school secretary, I used to take a slice of this cake with me in the mornings for a snack," she remembers.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl the topping. Repeat.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 194 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC