Cinnamon Coffee Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and coffee. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2. Spread into a well-greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 307 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Bars
"Very moist and tastes so good."
"Very good bars. I used coffee in the icing instead of milk...was very good!"