Cinnamon Coffee Bars Recipe
"I've made these bars for more than 40 years, and they're still a favorite," writes Marylou Crouch from Granite Falls, Washington. The recipe makes a small pan, so the two of you can enjoy a few and have some left to share.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and coffee. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a well-greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Coffee Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p22
Reviews for Cinnamon Coffee Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2011
Very good bars. I used coffee in the icing instead of milk...was very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >