Cinnamon Chocolate Sundaes Recipe
Kids will enjoy this tempting ice cream topping because it hardens on the ice cream as it stands. Store-bought sauces just can't compare to this homemade concoction.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- 2. Transfer to a heat-proof measuring cup. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over ice cream; top with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Rewarm in a microwave before using. Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 642 calories, 48 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC