Cinnamon Chocolate Sundaes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- 2. Transfer to a heat-proof measuring cup. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over ice cream; top with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Rewarm in a microwave before using. Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
1/4 cup: 642 calories, 48g fat (20g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Sundaes
"This sauce is sooo good. The only problem with it is that it makes store-bought ice cream seem so lame in comparison. When I made it for company we ended up eating the sauce and leaving the ice cream."
"Made this to take for dessert at a friend's house. It was a big hit and so yummy!"