Kids will enjoy this tempting ice cream topping because it hardens on the ice cream as it stands. Store-bought sauces just can't compare to this homemade concoction.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Transfer to a heat-proof measuring cup. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour sauce over ice cream; top with walnuts. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Rewarm in a microwave before using. Yield: 4 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cinnamon Chocolate Sundaes in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p7
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review