Cinnamon Chocolate Nachos Recipe
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Brush both sides of tortillas with 4 tablespoons butter. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over one side of each tortilla. Stack tortillas, sugared side up; cut into 12 wedges. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until crisp.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the cream, brown sugar and remaining butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 3. Arrange half of the tortilla wedges on a large serving platter. Drizzle with half of the chocolate sauce; sprinkle with half of the pecans. Repeat layers. Yield: 12 servings.
6 piece: 260 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Nachos
"I used jarred hot fudge topping with a little vanilla stirred in instead of the from-scratch recipe. Due to nut allergies, I used coconut instead. Absolutely fantastic, and the plain chips would be a knock out with a fruit salsa."
"Very disappointed. Flavor was a little bland."
"OMG! These are soooo good! My husband took them to work and they were gone in a flash! His coworkers beg me to make them again and again. Even his boss, who never makes a comment about anything, told him they were great!"
"Great with vanilla ice cream !!!!!!"
"They are absolutely delicious and easy enough for my teenagers to make."
"These are really good!!"
"This was easy to make but I recommend greasing your cookie sheets before placing the tortillas on it."