- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Chocolate curls, optional
- Pour milk into a small bowl; sprinkle gelatin over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Place 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups cream and sugar to a boil; remove from the heat. Gradually pour over chips, whisking until smooth. Fold in gelatin mixture. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Pour into five dessert dishes. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Place remaining chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, bring corn syrup and remaining cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Gradually pour over chips, whisking until smooth. Cool to room temperature; carefully spoon over each dessert. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chocolate Mousse in Country Woman February/March 2008, p35
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review