“These cookies are also great with white chocolate instead of semi-sweet. For a simple topping, you can also use powdered sugar with peppermint candies.” —Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed soft peppermint candies
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely crushed soft peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in candies and dark chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt semisweet chips with oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with candies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chocolate Minties in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p77
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Minties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review