I was first served this creamy, soft-set ice cream at a friend's house. A hint of cinnamon is the secret ingredient.—Gloria Heidner, Elk River, Minnesota
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer of firm up in your refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with additional chips. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p198
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review