- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer of firm up in your refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with additional chips. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p198
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
"This ice cream turned out so delicious! It was super easy to make and made the perfect end to our cinco de mayo meal."