Cinnamon Chocolate Angel Pie Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Combine sugar and cinnamon; gradually beat into egg whites, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Spread into the pastry shell. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool.
- 2. For filling, whisk egg yolks and water in a saucepan. Add chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon (do not boil). Cool. Spread 3 tablespoons over meringue; set remainder aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream, sugar and cinnamon until stiff peaks form. Spread half over the chocolate layer. Fold reserved chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream; spread over top. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Refrigerate left overs. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 332 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chocolate Angel Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.