- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10-12 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Divide in half; gently pat or roll each portion into a 7-in. circle. Brush with butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Scones
Sort By :
Easy to make and delicious!
okay so i did everything the this told me but i used super cold margarine instead of butter and i didn't have buttermilk so i used my coffeemate Italian sweet cream coffee creamer. the creamer gave it a little extra flavor in it. they were amazing! will make these again!
These are great! My hubby loves cinnamon scones...I started him on them about 8-10 years ago now from a well known bakery chain in our town. A few years ago they went out of business, no more scones.Then we got one of the big named coffee shops in town, they had cinnamon scones. After ordering 12 at a time for a few years , you guessed it they discontinued them.Then I decided I would try to make them for him. OMG! You would not believe how long and hard it was to get someone here to order the cinnamon chips. Finally got them! So I tried this recipe because I am NO BAKER. I wanted easy and good. Well let me say I got both with this one! My hubby loves them! I have made them every Sunday for the last 3 weeks. Very good and easy for even a new to baking person. Try this one if you haven't yet. Thanks for helping me get him back something he loves.
Only one thing to say, absolutely delicious!!! I would love to try making these using chocolate chips as well.
These were excellent. I only had about half a bag of cinnamon chips, but it was plenty.