- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10-12 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Divide in half; gently pat or roll each portion into a 7-in. circle. Brush with butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Scones(33)
Sort By :
I've tried several recipes searching for the right cinnamon chip scone. Finally my search is over.
These were good - nice and moist but lacking cinnamon flavor. Next time I will add a bit of ground cinnamon or maybe cinnamon /sugar mixture on top. But I will definitely be trying them again!
This recipe is awesome! It's a Christmas morning tradition.
These scones are fabulous! I put them together on a saturday night and just baked them right out of the fridge on Sunday morning. Wonderful with your morning coffee, taste like a cinnamon roll in scone form.
Very good and easy to make, however, next time I will cut down on amount of cinnamon chips