Cinnamon Chip Raisin Scones Recipe
- CINNAMON CHIPS:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1-2/3 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Additional evaporated milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, shortening and corn syrup with a fork until crumbly and evenly blended. Spread onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 250° for 30-40 minutes or until melted and bubbly. Cool completely; break into small pieces.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Gently stir in raisins and cinnamon chips.
- 3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 4. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Place scones 1 in. apart on foil. Brush tops lightly with additional milk. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 scones.
1 each: 130 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Raisin Scones
"Delicious! Moist on outside, crunchy on the inside. And worth the extra step of making the cinnamon chips from scratch."