Cinnamon Chip Muffins Recipe
"I made quite a few changes to an Amish friendship bread recipe to come up with these sweet muffins," writes Kelley Sellers of Tallahassee, Florida. "They freeze, Florida. "They freeze well, so I usually make a double batch and save some for later."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, pudding mix, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, honey and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Whisk for 1-2 minutes or until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen, 18 servings, 1 per serving.
1 each: 218 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC