Cinnamon Chip Cookies Recipe
I've had this recipe for more than 40 years but can't recall its origin. Cinnamon, chocolate chips and orange peel pair nicely in these outstanding cookies. —Barbara Ehlers, Florence, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be very stiff).
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in egg whites, then in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased and floured baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 139 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC