I've had this recipe for more than 40 years but can't recall its origin. Cinnamon, chocolate chips and orange peel pair nicely in these outstanding cookies. —Barbara Ehlers, Florence, Wisconsin
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Bake with Cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be very stiff).
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in egg whites, then in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased and floured baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p64
Reviews for Cinnamon Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review