Cinnamon Cheese Roll-Ups Recipe
"Basic white bread is spread with a sweet creamy filling to make this scrumptious roll-ups," explains Marie Delffs from her home in Shelbyville, Tennessee. "They're very easy to assemble yet taste extra special."
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, egg yolk and confectioners' sugar. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 roll-ups.
1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC