This sweet apple pie will make you the hit of every party. Slices are even better served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 pounds)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth.
- Arrange a third of the apples in pastry shell; drizzle with a third of the caramel mixture. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Crunch Apple Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p232
Reviews for Cinnamon Caramel-Crunch Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review