This sweet apple pie will make you the hit of every party. Slices are even better served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 pounds)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a heavy saucepan, combine caramels and water. Cook and stir over low heat until melted; stir until smooth.
- Arrange a third of the apples in pastry shell; drizzle with a third of the caramel mixture. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Crunch Apple Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p232
Reviews for Cinnamon Caramel-Crunch Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2011
"I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it.t. Thanks.http://www.parislimousineorlando.com/port-canaveral-shuttle.html"