Our Test Kitchen staff used cinnamon and chocolate to give a fun and tasty twist to traditional caramel apples. Rolled in nuts, coconut or colorful candies, they'll delight kids of all ages.
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 8 large tart apples
- Jimmies and chopped peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, chocolate chips, water, cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into the apples; dip into caramel mixture, turning to coat. Roll in or press on desired toppings. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Caramel Apples in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p22
Reviews for Cinnamon Caramel Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review