- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 3 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 8 large tart apples
- Chocolate-covered toffee bits, finely chopped salted peanuts and cashews, flaked coconut, M&M's miniature baking bits and/or chocolate sprinkles
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, chocolate chips, water, cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until caramels are melted.
- Insert Popsicle sticks into the apples; dip into caramel mixture, turning to coat. Roll in or press on desired toppings. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Caramel Apples
Sort By :
"Just use a double boiler to melt everything. If you don't have a double boiler, place a glass or metal bowl over a sauce pan of hot water. Take care not to get ANY water in with the chocolate & caramel."
"I don't own a microwave...need this recipe without microwave instructions!"