Cinnamon Candy Popcorn
This crisp bright-colored snack is more festive than traditional caramel corn. My family just loves! A friend shared the recipe, and I've given it to several people myself. Set out in pretty bowls, it makes a tasty table decoration. I also put it in sandwich bags for a children's party snack.
-Kaye Kemper, Windfall, Indiana
32 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 8 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 package (9 ounces) red-hot candies
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a large saucepan,
- combine the butter, corn syrup and candies; bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pans and
- place on waxed paper to cool. Break apart; store in airtight
- containers. Yield: 8 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.