Cinnamon Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
You won't believe how much bang you get for your buck with these fun candy cane cookies with a kick of cinnamon. And at 6¢ per cookie, they're a steal! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Red Hots, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Red food coloring, optional
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Mix Red Hots and cinnamon into one half; tint with food coloring if desired. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons plain dough into a 4-1/2-in. rope. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons red dough into a 4-1/2-in. rope.
- 3. On an ungreased baking sheet, place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Curve top of each cookie down to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining plain and red dough, placing 2 in. apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 4. Bake 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC