Cinnamon Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Red Hots, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Red food coloring, optional
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Mix Red Hots and cinnamon into one half; tint with food coloring if desired. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons plain dough into a 4-1/2-in. rope. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons red dough into a 4-1/2-in. rope.
- 3. On an ungreased baking sheet, place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Curve top of each cookie down to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining plain and red dough, placing 2 in. apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 4. Bake 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 80 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cinnamon Candy Cane Cookies
"This is addictive! Combination of Cinnamon candy and Sugar cookies are great. Although a little messy to put them together."
"I plan on making these again, but pretty much with a completely different recipe. There was 2 times too much butter, and they were not sweet at all, also, could barely taste the cinnamon flavor. Imagine you decide to make cookies or a crust for a pie (or something), and you decide you don't need a lot so you half the ingredients, BUT when it gets to the butter you forget to half it...that's what the cookies tasted like. No one in my house liked them...which is sad, since they take awhile to make."
"mine turned out flat, made them with 10yr. olds. Disappointed they ran together. It said, Confectioners sugar, so I used it. Once before I used regular sugar and they were better."
"A lot of work! Cute and they taste delicious but I think they took too long to make. Luckily my daughter helped!"