You won't believe how much bang you get for your buck with these fun candy cane cookies with a kick of cinnamon. And at 6¢ per cookie, they're a steal! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Red Hots, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Red food coloring, optional
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Mix Red Hots and cinnamon into one half; tint with food coloring if desired. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons plain dough into a 4-1/2-in. rope. Shape 1-1/2 teaspoons red dough into a 4-1/2-in. rope.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist. Curve top of each cookie down to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining plain and red dough, placing 2 in. apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Candy Cane Cookies in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p56
Reviews for Cinnamon Candy Cane Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review