Cinnamon Candied Apples
For years, we enjoyed baked cinnamon apples at Christmas when my great-grandmother made them. When she passed away, no one could find the recipe. I eventually came across this stovetop version and have continued her tradition.
Angie Marquart, Mt. Gilead, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 medium tart apples
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- Fresh mint, optional
- Peel apples and cut in half lengthwise; remove cores. In a large
- saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, sugar and candies to a
- boil, stirring constantly until sugar and candies are dissolved.
- Reduce heat; carefully add apples. Cook, uncovered, until apples are
- tender, about 8 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer apples to a serving dish; pour syrup
- over apples. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with mint if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.