No frosting is needed on top of these chewy, fudge-like brownies. This nice, basic bar has a burst of cinnamon in every bite. —Christopher Wolf, Belvidere, Illinois
Featured In: 30 Desserts Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and coffee until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Brownies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p226
Reviews for Cinnamon Brownie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
"I made these for my daughter's piano teacher & her family of 8. They absolutely loved them. Everywhere I took a pan of these, people asked me for the recipe."