Cinnamon Breakfast Bites Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- 3. Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. round baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 dozen).
3 balls: 352 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Breakfast Bites
"My entire family LOVED these! They were gone in minutes! I will DEFINATELY be making them again soon!"
"Surprisingly these came out terribly. Easy to make and tasted awful. Vey strong baking powder taste in spite of careful measuring and using quality ingredients. I, too, had a problem with burning in addition. They were thrown out in backyard for the birds. Too bad."
"I'd made this recipe when it first was put in TOH! It's GREAT!"
"so GOOD!! my whole family loved these- gone in a matter of minutes!"
"These are a perfect snack breakfast for my son who is allergic to dairy. I use soy milk and dairy-free margarine. They are good warm, but you can also make them ahead of time."
"Thought these looked easy to make. My family was ok with them. I added a bit of cinnamon and ground nutmeg to the batter and am glad I did. Otherwise, I think they might have been too bland. I would also suggest using parchment paper to bake them on as the butter and sugar/cinnamon ran off a bit during baking and burnt before the cookies were finished baking. I will probably make these again but not something that will be requested over and over."
"I was really excited to make this recipe, however I did not expect to "crunch" on the crispies. I would like to try this recipe again, but I would want to look into substituting something else for the crispies."
"This were amazing!!! My family ate them up within 2 days!!! Thanks for a great recipes!!!"
"it sounds easy"
" Can you just use butter instead of butter-flavored shortening?I use unsalted butter for everything. Haven't bought regular butter in years.