Cinnamon Breakfast Bites
These are a perfect, scrumptious breakfast treats with a sweet, crispy coating.Ruth Hastings, Louisville, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal,
- 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in
- butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. round baking pan. Bake 15-18
- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings
- (1-1/2 dozen).
Nutritional Facts: 3 balls equals 352 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium,