These are a perfect, scrumptious breakfast treats with a sweet, crispy coating.—Ruth Hastings, Louisville, Illinois
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. round baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 dozen).
Originally published as Cinnamon Breakfast Bites in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p13
Reviews for Cinnamon Breakfast Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review