- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip balls in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Arrange in a single layer in an 8-in. round baking pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 dozen).
Reviews for Cinnamon Breakfast Bites(8)
Sort By :
My entire family LOVED these! They were gone in minutes! I will DEFINATELY be making them again soon!
Surprisingly these came out terribly. Easy to make and tasted awful. Vey strong baking powder taste in spite of careful measuring and using quality ingredients. I, too, had a problem with burning in addition. They were thrown out in backyard for the birds. Too bad.
I'd made this recipe when it first was put in TOH! It's GREAT!
so GOOD!! my whole family loved these- gone in a matter of minutes!
These are a perfect snack breakfast for my son who is allergic to dairy. I use soy milk and dairy-free margarine. They are good warm, but you can also make them ahead of time.