Cinnamon Breadsticks Recipe
I think this is the best sweet breadstick you'll find. I love to snack on these while drinking my morning coffee. Each twist has just 1 gram of fat and is quite satisfying. —Carol Birkemeier of Nashville, Indiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. In a bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Add the water, oil and egg white; beat until smooth. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut widthwise into sixteen 1-in. strips. Cut strips in half widthwise, forming 32 strips. Twist each strip 5-6 times; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Spray dough sticks generously with refrigerated butter-flavored spray; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 breadsticks.
One breadstick equals 72 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Cinnamon Breadsticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC