- 24 slices soft white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and yolks. Spread on bread; roll up, jelly-roll style.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Lightly dip rolls in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Bread Rolls
"This was absolutely the best cinnamon roll I've ever tried and my family had nothing but rave reviews for these rolls. They were easy to prepare and a quick bread to fix if out of town relatives should arrive."
"I had prepared this recipe quite some time ago & have jotted down my adjustments for this recipe! I'd taken these rolls to a womens' meeting at our chapel-this is going back quite some time ago! I used 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 TO 2 8-oz. packages of softened cream cheese! I did use the 2 egg yolks! For cinnamon-sugar, I mix up 3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon with 1 cup granulated sugar together and I place it in an airtight container for whenever I need to use cinnamon-sugar! I used 1/2 cup granulated sugar for the cream cheese spread and 1 cup cinnamon-sugar for dipping the bread rolls. I used 1 TO 1-1/2 cups butter or margarine, melted-this is a discernment call for me, anyway! I greased baking sheets and baked 15 to 20 minutes at 375o F. Thank you for this recipe! I admit that when I'd made these rolls, I'd sampled quite a few! They were THAT tasty! The women at the meeting liked them very much, also! delowenstein"