Cinnamon Bread Pudding Recipe
From Amsterdam, New York, Emma Magielda shares this dessert that's different and delicious. "I've used this recipe for more than 10 years," she says.
- 12 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Cut bread in half diagonally. Arrange half of the slices in a single layer, overlapping if necessary, in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with half of the chocolate; top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and milk; microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until hot but not boiling.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat eggs; add sugar. Add a small amount of cream mixture; mix well. Return all to the larger bowl; stir in vanilla. Pour over bread; drizzle with the remaining chocolate.
- 4. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 9-11 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, rotating a half-turn one (mixture will be puff up during cooking). Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon Bread Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC