From Amsterdam, New York, Emma Magielda shares this dessert that's different and delicious. "I've used this recipe for more than 10 years," she says.
- 12 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cut bread in half diagonally. Arrange half of the slices in a single layer, overlapping if necessary, in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with half of the chocolate; top with remaining bread.
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream and milk; microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until hot but not boiling.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs; add sugar. Add a small amount of cream mixture; mix well. Return all to the larger bowl; stir in vanilla. Pour over bread; drizzle with the remaining chocolate.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power for 9-11 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, rotating a half-turn one (mixture will be puff up during cooking). Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p51
Reviews for Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review