Cinnamon Blueberry Sauce
Having frozen yogurt for dessert? Top it with this nutrient-packed sauce from Linda Johnson. “It’s tasty over pancakes, too,” she writes from Montesano, Washington.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar substitute and cornstarch. Add the
- blueberries, water, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until
- mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes, stirring frequently. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 50 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.