- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar substitute and cornstarch. Add the blueberries, water, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Reviews for Cinnamon Blueberry Sauce
"I have made this recipe so many times. I have made for filling in desserts as well as for ice cream, pound cake and angel food cake. It is #1 in our family and since I have made this sauce my mother-in-law makes all the time."
"I served this to friends with vanilla ice cream with lemon bars. It was a success! I omitted the cinnamon and it was still delicious! I will make this again!"
"I've made this several times; we all love it. It is equally good using a mix of frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries."
"Delicious and easy to make! I used half of the sugar (and used real sugar, not a substitute)."