Having frozen yogurt for dessert? Top it with this nutrient-packed sauce from Linda Johnson. “It’s tasty over pancakes, too,” she writes from Montesano, Washington.
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar substitute and cornstarch. Add the blueberries, water, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Cinnamon Blueberry Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p59
Reviews for Cinnamon Blueberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review