Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
I prepare these muffins with the blueberries that grow wild along the rocky coast of Maine. I have worked on this recipe for several years and finally feel that I have it perfected.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and
- salt. Set aside. Add egg and oil to milk mixture. Gently stir into
- flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 22-24 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the muffin
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.