I like to prep this breakfast in the afternoon, let it chill, then put into the slow cooker before I go to bed. When we wake up in the morning, it's done just right. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Recommended: Homemade Syrup Recipes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed French bread (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Maple syrup
- Whisk together first six ingredients. Layer half of the bread in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker; top with 1/2 cup blueberries and half of the milk mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 3-4 hours. Serve warm with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Blueberry French Toast in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Reviews for Cinnamon Blueberry French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review