- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, egg substitute and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in the blueberries.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Blueberry Coffee Cake
"Excellent recipe! Mine turned out fantastic...i also added chocolate chips from a request made. Love this bundt cake!"
"EVERYONE in my family loves this. Aunts, uncles, mom, dad, siblings, nephews, niece...I could go on and on. Whenever I make it, it vanishes quickly and everyone is left pointing the finger at each other to figure out who ate more of it."
"This cake was easy and fabulous!!! I did not have any egg substitute so I did just use another egg...I will be making again!"
"I didn't have a bundt pan, so used a 9" spring form, and it came out just fine. I knew I couldn't go wrong with a recipe from your publication."
"I thought this sounded good, but it was much better than that in reality. I didn't use reduced fat sour cream, I used regular, and another egg in place of the 1/4 cup egg substitute, and it worked very well indeed. I've been asked to make this many times since I first did. Really great."
"Excellent! The only issue I had was the batter was extremely sticky....stuck to everything. Wasn't sure if it would turn out but it did!!"
"Can you substitute an egg for the egg substitute in a recipe?"
"My family loves blueberries and finding a "cake" recipe for variety was a kick! This one was rich and delicious. Thanks for sharing."
"How easy and rich was this recipe! Thank you for sharing. This is a permanent fixture in my recipe card file."